Margie Reinhart, CPA, CFF, CFE,
Margie Reinhart, CPA, CFF, CFE
Director, Forensic Investigative and Dispute Services
Margie Reinhart is a Director in Grant Thornton LLP’s Forensic, Investigative and Dispute Services practice in Dallas, Texas.
Experience: Margie has devoted her 19 year career to be highly skilled in the multi-facets of forensic investigation, expert services, forensic data analytics, fraud consulting and white collar investigations. She spent over eleven years at a big four accounting firm and over two years running boutiques forensic investigation firms.
Ms. Reinhart works closely with law firms, government agencies and corporate executives practicing in both the United States and Canada. An accountant, Margie has extensive knowledge of a variety of white-collar civil and criminal matters, including internal corporate and financial fraud investigations. She has conducted and coordinated multifaceted investigations involving retail, manufacturing, fraud against the government, real estate and many other industries. She has testified as a fact and expert
· Analyzed and calculated damages for numerous types of litigation matters involving complex accounting and business aspects. Written expert reports and testified in these types of matters.
· Engaged by the Federal Trade Commission, Ms. Reinhart assisted in writing the expert report opining on policies, procedures and
practices that businesses should use to detect fraud and abuse. The work performed by Ms. Reinhart was used to testify that a lack of adequate procedures allowed the practice of billing over $30 million in bogus charges by a large aggregator. Resulted in settlement of a large fine.
· Hired to provide forensic consulting services to a federal task force from the Department of Labor, Inspector General’s Office of
Labor Racketeering and Fraud Investigations. Successfully conducted and completed this work and provided recommendations, advice, and support to investigators concerning the financial aspect of this investigation.
· Analyzed millions of procurement, employee and payroll records over a two year period uncovering payroll overpayment, false and
2 © Grant Thornton LLP All rights reserved U.S. member firm of Grant Thornton International Ltd abusive payments to related vendors and numerous other improper payments, waste and abuse.
· Served as financial expert witness for a healthcare provider defending a $50+ million Department of Justice charge accusing the
provider of false Medicare claims. Electronically analyzed over a million lines of payroll and human resource records for an eight year period. Jointly prepared an expert report supporting the Medicare claim. Settled in hospital’s favor.
· Retained by a Bermudian financial institution to investigate suspicious transactions. Reviewed customer investment account statements and identified lapping scheme concealing the use of customer investment accounts for personal stock trades by an
Professional qualifications and memberships:
· Certified Public Accountant
· Certified in Financial Forensics
· Certified Fraud Examiner
· Member of the Association of Certified Fraud Examiners
· Member of the American Institute of Certified Public Accountants
Ryerson Polytechnic University, Toronto, Canada
Bachelor of Business Management